Friday, November 30, 2007

PROUD MOMENT

My boys school had a poetry contest and all the children had to participate. After they memorized their poems they performed in class with three outside judges. They then took the top three from each grade to compete against another school! KYLE was chosen. They all did a good job and we were proud of each of them. Mike was home and able to go and see kyle perform, he remembered every word and said it with a smile. He didn't want to compete and was scared the whole week, he even said he thought he would be sick on Thursday. Here he is competing and here is his poem.

My parents have the flu today
They both are sick in bed
and thoughts of things to do today
are swimming through my head
My nimble brain is burgeoning
with ways to misbehave
I'll give my brother's teddy bear
a hair cut and a shave
Perhaps I'll make a mud pie
in my sister's stupid hat
attach my mother's earrings
to the puppy and the cat
Hang carrots from the ceiling
stuff bananas into shoes
then set the clocks to different times
it's certain to confuse
I'll switch the salt and sugar
scatter meatballs on the rug
put spaghetti in a closet
and refrigerate some bugs
I'll paint my father's underwear
an iridescent blue
my options are unlimited
my parents have the flu

5 comments:

Shar said...

Oh my gosh Kyle! Way to go!! that is so awesome! I am so impressed. That is a very difficult poem! You should be very proud of yourself! I miss you guys so much. Give everyone a big hug and kiss for me. Love you

Kandis said...

That's a really funny poem! Congrats to Kyle, I'm excited to claim him as a family member when he gets all famous!!

Our Family said...

WAY TO GO KYLE! I CANNOT believe he memorized that! Not because I don't think he could do it but because I don't think I COULD DO IT! WOW! Kyle, I hope you still remember it when we get to see you after Christmas! We would LOVE to hear you recite it. :) Love you guys!!

Diane said...

I'm REALLY upset that I'm the last in the family to know you have a blog. Hello. But since I missed your birthday last Sunday I know I am at the bottom of your list. Hope you had a happy birthday. I thought that poem could be put in a magazine or published. It was awesome and made me laugh big time. I think you have a winner!!

Karina said...

Wow! You got talent, kid! That was totally awesome. Thanks for sharing. I can't wait to meet you, Kyle.

Love, Karina, your...um...a...whatdoyacallit?...
first cousin once removed? Whatever. We're related and you're cool!